The first thing you are going to want to do is gather all the necessary supplies for your first stepping stone project. The basics that you will need are as follows –
1. Protective goggles
2. A good quality stained glass cutter & breaking pliers
4. A pattern from a stained glass book or your original design.
5. Carbon paper or a printer and a pattern resizing program. (available below)
6. A chisel tip magic marker, app. 3/16 of an inch thick
7. A work board (a piece of sheetrock is fine)
8. Clear contact paper
9. A stepping stone mold (obtained at your local stained glass shop)
10. Petroleum jelly or Pam or WD-40
11. Cement (available below or see our article on how to make your own.)
In the box below you will find some stained glass stepping stone supplies. The molds are useful and the program called “Rapid Resizer” is excellent.